Welcome!

Crystal Cathedral

Watch the Hour of Power online and on television (Saturday at 6PM PST on TBN, Sunday at 8AM EST/PST on Lifetime)

Kindness Korner

A Life-Changing Compliment

This Really Happened!!

Two years ago, in 2006, I attended my college class reunion. I enjoyed meeting a couple of dozen of my old classmates, some of whom I had not seen in fifty years. As we were breaking up and heading for home I happened to come up along side Marilyn. We greeted each other, chatted a little, and then began to head off in different directions for our cars. As we began to part I said to her "you know you are as beautiful as you ever were." She glowed, thanked me, and we said "goodbye".

Two years later: October 2008, I was speaking on Care and Kindness at Christ Memorial Church In Holland Michigan. During a recess a woman came up and identified herself as Shirley. She said she was Marilyn's sister, and reminded me we had chatted at that reunion. She then went on to tell me that the compliment I had paid to Marilyn in the college parking lot, over two years earlier, had "changed Marilyn's life."

That sentence literally stopped me. "What do you mean?" I asked stunned with interest. Shirley went on to say, that what I had said to Marilyn had charged her up, strengthened her confidence, and caused her to come alive in a whole new way.

Nothing has happened in the last dozen years, as powerful as that report, to assure me and motivate me, to go on speaking and teaching encouragement, appreciation, and loving-kindness everywhere I go. It can be life-changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment