Welcome!

Crystal Cathedral

Watch the Hour of Power online and on television (Saturday at 6PM PST on TBN, Sunday at 8AM EST/PST on Lifetime)

Kindness Korner

You Are Far More Than You Think You Are !

The newly installed hospital chaplain, a middle age pastor, exclaimed "I don't have anything to offer her."  He said this as he talked about visiting an extremely ill woman in his hospital.  His words irritated me intensely.

I exploded.  "How can you say such a thing?  You are a Giver of Life, Lifter of Spirits, Healer of Wounds." 
He looked knocked speechless by my outburst.  The words had leaped from my heart because they are realities every one of us must know about ourselves. I had not thought out what I said.  The description just poured out.

That Pastor was speaking for thousands.  He was saying what most people think about themselves in relation to others, especially the hurting. They believe that unless there is some profound wisdom they can share, or insightful sentences they can speak, or maybe a Biblical quote to leave, they have nothing to offer.

Bumper stickers are no longer in fashion but I would like to put this one on every automobile:  I Am a Giver of Life, Lifter of Spirits, Healer of Wounds.  I don't like tatoos very much or I would suggest the same words be tatooed on every forhead.  Because that is what we are!  That is part of what it means to be "the light of the world."  That is our agenda every day, everywhere we gho, with everyone we meet.

Three phrases, twelve words, that encapsulate our entire spiritual agenda.  That is what Jesus wants us to know about ourselves.  When we enter that room, meet a person who is sad or sick, walk with a grieving friend or neighbor we are powerful important and valuable medicine for their souls-just by being there and demonstrating the love of showing up.

1 comment: