Welcome!

Crystal Cathedral

Watch the Hour of Power online and on television (Saturday at 6PM PST on TBN, Sunday at 8AM EST/PST on Lifetime)

Kindness Korner

A Thoughtful Surprise Message

My new suitcase was punctured in the baggage compartment of a United Airlines recently. Frustrated, but resigned to my dilemma, I accepted the agent's directions about sending it to Chicago for repair at theior expense. Three weeks later it was returned nicely fixed. It was not as good as new aesthetically, but close enough. I was gratified to have it repaired and returned. As I picked up the cardboard box in which it had been sent, to dispose of it, I noticed a piece of paper inside. I took it out to see what it was. I was expecting a formal delivery or inspection statement. Instead it was a handwritten note addressed to me. This is what it said: Dear Mr. Kok, I hope you like the way your suitcase was fixed. Sincerely, Eula Stuckney I was astounded! I was delighted, cheered, inspired. Here was a personal note of concern for my satisfaction. It came from a total stranger. What a contrast to the way services are often rendered and products produced. Here was the opposite of the "take it or leave it" attitude, too often surrounding our commercial interactions. This was a spirit-lifting, healing experience. Eula Stuckney healed my heart that day. So easy to do, so easy to let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment