Welcome!

Crystal Cathedral

Watch the Hour of Power online and on television (Saturday at 6PM PST on TBN, Sunday at 8AM EST/PST on Lifetime)

Kindness Korner

A Beautiful Loving Act

I had just completed leading the funeral of a dear woman. We were invited by her husband Dave Cook to come to their house, after the public refreshment hour, to unwind and talk. Linda and I arrived early so I helped myself to some fresh shrimp and a glass of wine and sat down at a large round table off to the side. After sitting there alone a few minutes, maybe five minutes, a young girl suddenly plopped down in an empty chair on the other side of the table. She sat facing me so after a couple of seconds I said “what are you doing here, all by yourself? Her reply really surprised me. She said “I saw you sitting all by yourself and I thought you might like some company” I was stunned. She was a very young girl in her early teens. A few minutes later she told me she was 14. For the next little while I did little more than praise her and express admiration for what she had done. Then we got acquainted and spent some pleasant time chatting. But before we parted I made sure she, and others now gathered nearby, knew what an outstanding and unusual act of loving-kindness that young lady had given.

No comments:

Post a Comment