Welcome!

Crystal Cathedral

Watch the Hour of Power online and on television (Saturday at 6PM PST on TBN, Sunday at 8AM EST/PST on Lifetime)

Kindness Korner

Jesus Loves Me This I Know

Look at this Biblical text:  "In those days Hezekiah (king)  became ill and was at the point of death.  The prophet Isaiah said to him:  "This is what the Lord says -'Put your house in order ... you are going to die; you will not recover.'"  II Kings 20:1-11

Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed. these words:  "Remember, O Lord how I have walked before you faithfully and with whole-hearted devotion.  I have done what is good in your eyes."  The Hezekiah wept.

Before Isaiah had left the temple, the word of the Lord came to him:  "Go back and tell Hezekiah...'I have heard your prayer and seen your tears.  I will heal you.  I will add fifteen years to your life.  And I will deliver you from the hand of the King of Assyria.'"  Then Isaih said "Prepare a poultice of figs."  They did so and applied it to the boil, and he recovered.

The most remarkable revelation here is God saying "I have seen your tears."

The important bottom line here is that God is touched by our distress.  God is moved by human cries and heartache.

The love and life of Jesus is all about that enormous reality--God loves us so much our distress, our confusion, our anguish breaks his heart.  And he gives us his love totally for our healing and well-being.

No comments:

Post a Comment