Welcome!

Crystal Cathedral

Watch the Hour of Power online and on television (Saturday at 6PM PST on TBN, Sunday at 8AM EST/PST on Lifetime)

Kindness Korner

Tears of Sadness Turn to Joy

Anna asked to see me in her waning hours.  Lung cancer was shortening her life radically at a young age.  She was only 47 years old, a hard-working single mother.  Today she was having difficulty breathing, and with a tube in her nose talking was not easy either.

What Anna said went like this: "I'm in so much pain, I can't keep my mind on Jesus."  Tears welled up in her eyes as she talked.  "I'm afraid I can't hang on to God and that scares me.  I feel so weak and I'm thinking about my children and feeling so troubled over much of my life."  Then the tears poured out:  "I'm afraid I wont have enough faith to go to heaven!"

She shared a few more thoughts and I mostly listened with brief comments showing I was hearing and understanding her deep anxiety.  Then I realized she was very tired and needed to hear from me about her fear.

"Anna," I said slowly, holding her hand in mine, "God holds on to you.  You do not have to hold on to God."  I paused and waited for the words to sink in.  "God will never leave you or forsake you.  Please relax and let that promise embrace and comfort you."

I then prayed slowly emphasizing those truths trying to saturate her soul with confidence and security and change her fear to joy.

I cannot adequately describe the look on Anna's face.  It became totally peaceful, with a slight incredulous smile as well.  Something enormous had changed in her.  Then with tears of joy she said "That is so good!  I have never heard such promises.   That is so good!  Thank you.  Thank you. Thank you."  Then she closed her eyes and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment